• Jean Côté, Queen's University, Ontario, Canada
• Mojca Doupona, University of Ljubljana, Ljubljana, Slovenia
• Maria Pontes Ferreira, Fulbright Scientific Mobility Scholar, Brazil, Wayne State University, Michigan, USA
• Keith Gilbert, University of East London, London, UK
• Jack Jedwab, Association for Canadian Studies, Montreal, Canada
• Karen Jones, Amsterdam University, Amsterdam, Netherlands
• Sid Katz, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
• Richard Lichen, Beijing Sports University, Beijing, China
• Otto J. Schantz, University of Koblenz, Landau, Germany
• Karin Volkwein-Caplan, West Chester University of Pennsylvania, West Chester, USA
• Rhodri Windsor-Liscombe, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
The principal role of the Advisory Board is to drive the overall intellectual direction of the Sport & Society Research Network and to consult on our foundational themes as they evolve along with the currents of the field. Board members are invited to attend the annual conference and provide important insights on conference development, including suggestions for speakers, venues, and special themes. We also encourage board members to submit articles for publication consideration to The International Journal of Sport and Society as well as proposals or completed manuscripts to the Sport & Society Book Imprint.
Interested in joining the advisory board? Learn how to apply.